My Luscious Sistas,
I’ve decided to create a post every Friday about ‘lessons learnt this week’. This way I get to share my business & home life with you at a more personal level.
Lesson Number 2
Well, what a roller coaster of a week it has been. One thing after another went wrong. Just when you think you got something right, something else breaks or another disruption occurs.
If it wasn’t the website then it was the task i had handed over which wasn’t finished to the standard.
Then additional work came out at the offsite work. On top of that my eldest is just over a week away from his SAT’s & the pressure is getting to all of us at home.
Needless to say it’s been a tiring week.
But, everyone has one of those, right? So what do you do?
Do you procrastinate, give up, feel sorry for yourself?
Do you get up & go? But how can you do that when each time you try some other BAD happens?
This is what i practice when i have a bad hour, day or a week:
- Take a deep breathe and go to a silent place/corner/by an open window
- Then ask yourself these questions: Did i do anything wrong? Did i provoke employee/client/partner? What can i do to improve the situation? What can i do to repair it?
- While pondering over your thoughts, do not justify your acts. Do not find excuses. Play the devil’s advocate.
- Do not lose the relationship. Do not take it personally.
- Pamper yourself like taking a 30 min bath
- Talk to a friend
- Eat chocolate (my guilty pleasure
Personal Tip: Analyse the situation, Implement the task/method/meeting and then Improvise. There’s always room for improvisation, right?
Like the ‘tip’? Then tell people about it by Tweeting it.
What practices do you undertake? Would any of the above help? Share your thoughts with me by commenting below…
Till next time
Lots of hugs