How to deal with overwhelm?
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. – Friedrich Nietzsche
Nietzsche teaches us the fact. We are overwhelmed by all that is about us, all that is expected of us and we try to be and all that we have to do. Rise above this and find yourself and you will be overwhelmed no longer. Focus on your own self and follow these tips to deal with overwhelm.
- Cause – Find the root cause of the overwhelming feeling that engulfs you all the time. Once you know what is stressing you out tackle the problem head on to overcome it.
- Limitations – Admit your limitations and accept them, not as flaws but as boundaries of your creativity. Focus on what you do best and leave the rest to others.
- Delegate – Do the things you do best, delegate the rest and then manage. It is a good manager that can drive a team to do more and achieve better success.
- Simplify – Life is simple, don’t complicate it. Don’t borrow trouble and don’t walk into situations you cannot control. Focus on your own strengths and do what you enjoy, success will soon follow.
- Break – Your mind and body need rest and relaxation to recharge. Take off now and then, go far away from the madding crowd and simply give in to leisure. You will feel stronger and your mind will have a clearer focus for the future.
The trick is to always heed your instincts and let the world go from time to time.